Entry to the Competition has now closed
Terms And Conditions
1) In the major competition administered through the website mypilbaraadventure.com.au (‘the competition’), the winner will receive a trip for two based on twin share however this can be negotiated for a couple.
2) The competition is open from Saturday 27 September 2014 until Friday 23 January 2015 closing at midnight.
3) The draw will be made by random selection from all eligible entries presided over by the Pilbara Development Commission at a venue and time to be announced and advised to the public through online promotion.
4) The winner will be notified by telephone and email and publicly announced within one month of the prize draw.
5) Employees, their families, members or agents of the Pilbara Development Commission or any person or entity professionally associated with this competition may not enter.
6) All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7) Entry in this competition is online at the website www.mypilbaraadventure.com.au by completing the entrance requirements. The prize redemption tour will be fully hosted by officers of the Commission.
8) Winners of the competition will be accompanied by a photographer and agree to participate in publicity activities that accompany the prize redemption tour and pre and post tour events, interviews and other functions as required by the Commission.
9) Each competitor may submit only one entry and in completing such entry they warrant;
a) that they themselves and their chosen co-winner names, together with all media associated with the competition including written and digital media may be reproduced, published, transmitted or otherwise communicated to the public now and in association with any further promotions undertaken in association with the My Pilbara Adventure program by the Commission who hold all copyrights to the competition name and media.
b) that they are, or will be at the time of redeeming the prize, 18 years or older, they have the required level of fitness to complete moderate walks and climbing activities, can safely participate in water based activities and understand that high temperatures and dust are common in the region.
10) The winners will be required to participate in photographic and video media together with commentary and written media which will be transmitted through written and digital media mechanisms to the Commission's chosen targets including but not limited to the Commission's website, media releases, social media and blogs. Material may also be provided to external agencies and sponsors for the purpose of promoting the region.
11) The winner is to nominate which month the prize will be taken and as a guide only they will potentially be either the month of April 2015 or the month of October 2015, the dates within the chosen month will be as selected by the Commission and may exclude school holiday and public holiday periods.
12) The prize is inclusive of airfares from Perth to the region and return. Any additional airfares required by the prize winner will be their own responsibility and should the airfares not be required they will be forfeit.
13) The winners release the organisers and sponsors from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost or charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner and co-winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the competition or the prize and agree to indemnify the Commission and all sponsor and associated business and companies from any and all legal actions.
14) Facebook competition may not operate during the time that the main competition is open, nor during the period of the prize redemption occurring and in a period one month before and one month after. Prizes will change regularly and entry to the Facebook competitions are for the prizes listed on the page in the timeframe relevant to the entry made.
15) The sponsor of the prize will determine the timeframe in which the prize must be used and should reasonably be expected to be utilised in a two month period or prior to the draw of the next prize.
16) Facebook prizes are accessed through uploading a photograph and such photograph becomes the property of the Commission to utilise as it requires in promotion of the region, the sponsor and the Commission. Multiple entries are allowable on the Facebook competitions.
17) The number of entries which comply with the promoter’s instruction for each mini-competition and the number of likes on those entries supports the determination of the winner and in the event of a tied decision the Commission shall decide.
18) No prizes are redeemable for cash.
19) All other general terms and conditions of entry are the same in both levels of the competition.